Wednesday, June 03, 2009

America - Aviation - Motivation

Just about every day, when I get up I take a deep breath and I breath America; I breath in America with all it's splendor and faults. It makes me feel great to know, that I live in paradise.

I usually tried to avoid the news that early, because I don't want to be bummed out the rest of the days by the "bad" news we usually get that early. Usually I listen to the Bob & Tom show because I'd rather start with a laugh and some silliness.

Today I started with the news. Yep. Of course, the news were bad. The first report it had to do with the Air France 447 flight that went down in the middle of the Atlantic. I'm sorry for the families of all those souls. I really hope we'll get to find out, what went wrong and fix it for future flights.

Then of course, the 2nd biggest news had to do with GM, the car industry and an administration that seems to keep on spinning the bad news and fumbling the truth.
Talk about depression!

Going through the rest of my day, I also found out, that somehow, somewhere, there's a neighbor who's life is so easy and uncomplicated that she has extra time to keep tabs on the goings on of the residents in my street. It is apparent that she also posses the ability to pass judgment upon the actions of her neighbors. Humm. a bit unchristian for some who professes to be Christian.

These and other pressing matters were starting have a negative input in my whole day. I need to find an island of sanity.

At that moment I remembered that I've DVRed ( not a word, but it should be) the new PBS program by Dr. Wayne Dyer. "Excuses Begone".
I started to watch it, looking for some good nuggets of wisdom that I could use today.
I found one. "No Excuses, no Explanations" - How great is that?

If I make no excuses as to how I live my life, or how I decided to architect my future, then there is no explanations to ANYONE!!!

I have to admit, that in the past few days, I have been feeling less than right. A sense of drudgery and chaos looming in the horizon had occupied my mind. Dyer always seems to have an explanation for those "down" days.

So, after pondering on the news, the nosy neighbor and other personal challenges, I have decided to Let Go and Let God. Isn't that what they say in recovery? Oh, well. I'm using it for myself today.

Alone, I can't solve the big problems our nation faces, but I can start fixing myself with small doses of Ed's ABC's!

No comments:

Post a Comment