Thursday, May 21, 2009

America -Today


Humm, let's see what happened today in America that interested me. Oh yeah. I saw some spectacular views of the Space Shuttle and the Hubble mission.

Staying way past my bed time, had provided me with a better understanding on the work these Astronauts do. Simply AMAZING!

Seven individuals, highly professional all. They took on the task to repair the failing space telescope. For the past 2 weeks, this crew has worked to repair and restored the instruments of the telescope which gave us some of the most amazing images of the Universe.

Watching the Space Shuttle Atlantis approach the massive telescope and then grab it, maneuver it into the cargo bay and work on it, was if nothing else, an eye opening experience for me. I have to say with a bit of envy. I wish I could be up there!

NASA does a fantastic job in training these people overcome the unexpected. At the same time, they provide loads of information and insight into the operations being conducted. Kudos to all the people involved in making the "Final Frontier" a more user friendly... Space.

If you like Space Exploration as much as I do ( After all, involves flying) you can visit the NASA site and endulge with amazing images and information. Let the dreams soar!


I supposed the other BIG momentous headline in America today, comes from the stages of American Idol. WOW!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would have sworn that Adam Lambert had it in the bag. After last night's performances I thought Adam won out 2 out of 3. After today's performance with Queen, I thought Adam show his "star quality", but I supposed the votes were already counted by them.
For the last few weeks, most of the bloggers out there, pretty much had giving him the title.

Either way, maybe it doesn't really matter at all. They both stand to make BUCKETS of dough. Much more than you and me together. Both are great artists.

I think I'll be more inclined to buy Adam's cd than Krys's however.
Adam has the choice of edgier range and that makes him in my eyes, a more complete artist.

I'm glad the show's over, maybe now, I can get back to a more productive life!



No comments:

Post a Comment